West Midlands Combined Authority Adult Education Budget Expression of Interest
The West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) will become responsible for the Adult Education Budget (AEB) for its residents from 1st
August 2019. Devolved AEB will provide funding for adult skills delivery, for residents (aged 19 and over) of the West Midlands’ seven constituent areas (Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall and Wolverhampton).
WMCA are currently inviting organisations to tender for delivery of services across three lots:
APM Call for Partners
|Lot 1 – Support for unemployed
||Lot 2 – Support for those in employment
|Lot 1 includes:
- general AEB qualifications focussed on tackling unemployment especially but not exclusively amongst young people
- Grass-roots delivery to better engage hard-to-reach communities and support priority groups (including care leavers and homeless)
- Sector Based Work Academies including flexible funding models for work experience
- Entitlement provision at all levels
|Lot 2 includes:
- AEB qualifications delivered flexibly so those working can access them outside of work
- Re-training to improve the skills of low-paid and low-skilled workforce
- Increased delivery in key sectors - Level 3 qualifications in digital, engineering and construction offered in flexible ways with funding subsidies
- Pre-apprenticeship provision that supports the uptake of Apprenticeships
|Lot 3 – Innovative delivery
|Innovative project and pilot-based approaches to respond to needs within the seven constituent local authority areas of the WMCA. Lot 3 provides greater flexibility but providers must ensure that the bid meets the overall ambitions of our adult offer and Regional Skills Plan (RSP).
We are inviting expressions of interests for Lots 1 & 2 from local providers with expertise in the following priority sectors:
To expression your interest, please complete both the EOI form and the Part B Delivery Profile, and return to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 22nd February.
WMCA AEB - Expression of Interest Information READ ME FIRST
WMCA AEB - Expression of Interest
WMCA AEB - Delivery Profile (Part B)
- Engineering & Manufacturing Technologies
- Construction, Planning & the Built Environment
- Information & Communication Technologies
- Leisure, Travel and Tourism.